Why we need your help…
We are a Non-Profit Organization
It is a common misconception that we receive money from the Humane Society of the United States or the ASPCA. Money donated to these groups helps their causes, not ours
How does your donation help CMHS?
- Provides food, water, shelter, and comfort to our animals
- Provides veterinary supplies to help our animals
- Allows us to preform low-cost spay/neuter surgeries to Mid-Missouri residents
- Allows us to buy necessary supplies to keep our shelter running
How YOU can help…
- Donate on-line or on Facebook
- Donate via the phone: (573)-443-7387 (Credit or debit cards accepted)
- Send us a donation to 616 Big Bear Blvd. Columbia, MO 65202
- Stop in and drop off a donation
- See if your company has a corporate matching program- read more here!
How to make a memorial/honor donation:
- It is easy it memorialize a loved one or celebrate a special occasion by making a donation to the Central Missouri Humane Society. Click here to learn how.
CMHS Wish List
Caring for our animals requires a lot of time, love, money, and supplies. Listed below is our “Wish List” of supplies needed. You can also donate items from our Amazon Wish List and have the items shipped directly to CMHS!
All items can be dropped off at the shelter, 616 Big Bear Blvd. Thank you for supporting the shelter!
- Canned or dry dog, puppy, cat and kitten food
- Puppy and kitten formula
- Pet nursing bottles
- Kitty litter
- Fleece blankets
- Gentle used or new pet carriers/crates
- New or used harnesses
- Durable rubber dog toys
- Rope toys
- Cat toys
- Small cat beds
- Laundry detergent (liquid)
- Paper towels, toilet paper, and tissues
- Liquid hand soap
- Hand Sanitizer
- Spray bottles
- Pens, paper, staplers, and other office supplies!